- Know God
- Know Power
- Share Pain
Believer's Baptism In Water
• Dying to our old sinful way of life • Rising to new life
Photos: © Gwen Paget
Jesus' Baptism In Water: An Example To Follow MATTHEW 3:13-17
Q Why was Jesus baptised, when he had fulfilled all the requirements of the Law of Moses?
Q What two things happened next? (verses 16-17)
1. Jesus' baptism was not for the forgiveness of sins - he had not sinned
JOHN 8:42-46; 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21; HEBREWS 4:15
2. Jesus' baptism in water was accompanied simultaneously by baptism in Spirit to empower him for the ministry God had given him.
3. Jesus' baptism in Spirit was an affirmation of God the Father's love (verse 16)
4. Jesus' baptism in water & in Spirit is an example for his disciples to follow as a public declaration to God, to the enemy and to the world that a person has had a personal encounter with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
5. Jesus' Great Commission to the disciples was to go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them everything Jesus had taught his disciples (preaching the good news, healing the sick and setting the captives free)