- KNOW GOD
- KNOW POWER
- SHARE PASSION
The Cross & Nothing Less
The Face of Christ Painting by Peter Howson
Used by kind permission of the artist
FOUR SUBTRACTIONS from The Finished Work of Christ on the Cross
• DENYING THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS ESSENTIAL for forgiveness of sins
NOTE: HEBREWS 9: 22 says there is no forgiveness without the shedding of
blood - either an animal's blood under the Old Covenant or the Blood of
Jesus under the New Covenant
• DENYING THAT JESUS DIED for our sins at all
• DENYING JESUS' RESURRECTION from the dead
• CLAIMING PEOPLE ARE REBORN BY A PROCESS OF REINCARNATION
No Forgiveness Without The Shedding Of Blood
The Bible says sin is so deadly it can only be forgiven if the sinner dies or pays with blood.
• Under the Old Covenant a spotless animal was sacrificed in place of the sinner.
• Under the New Covenant the spotless Lamb of God - Jesus Christ - died in he place of sinners like us.
To Deny The Cross Is To Deny Jesus' Sacrifice For Our Sins
• NEW AGE teachings deny the existence of God, good and evil, judgement, and heaven or hell. Since there is no such thing as sin, they say there is no need for a Saviour.
• DOCETISM (see unit on TESTS OF TRUTH), like Muslims today, denied the reality of Jesus' death on the Cross, saying he only seemed to die or was substituted at the last moment.
• EASTERN RELIGIONS & NEW AGE TEACHINGS claim that mankind is subject to a process of reincarnation.