A Soldier Under Authority
Soldiers know the importance of discipline Photo: © Corbis
The Key For Us: Surrender & Obedience
1. The centurion was completely surrendered as a soldier to the Roman emperor.
2. When he received an order, he obeyed immediately.
Jesus himself said on several occasions that he said only what God the Father gave him to say and did only what God gave him to do.
Examples: JOHN 5:19-20; JOHN 8:28; JOHN 12:49-50; JOHN 14:10-13
Doing What Jesus Did - DWJD
If we want to see fruitfulness in our Christian lives, we need to
1. BE TOTALLY SURRENDERED TO JESUS see LORDSHIP OF CHRIST
2. LISTEN TO WHAT GOD IS SAYING see LISTENING TO GOD
3. BE OBEDIENT as soon as we are sure it is God who is speaking
A Parable About Wise & Foolish Builders
MATTHEW 7:24-27 ; LUKE 6:47-49
Q What did both the Wise and the Foolish Builder do?
Q What was the difference between the two?
Q What happens to our faith when we hear God speak & we are obedient?
Q What happens if we hear God's voice but do not obey?