- KNOW GOD
- KNOW POWER
- SHARE PASSION
Praying For God's Protection
Roman legionary of the 1st century AD
[Image may be subject to copyright]
Putting On The Armour Of God
Jesus tells his disciples to pray each day for God's protection against temptation,
In EPHESIANS 6:10-18 Paul describes the armour and weapons God has provided for the fight. His list is based on the standard equipment of a Roman legionary in the photograph.
Paul mentions the following pieces of spiritual armour and weapons -
• HELMET of salvation protecting our minds against the enemy's accusations and
• BREASTPLATE of righteousness because we have been clothed with Christ's
• BELT of truth because Jesus is the truth with which to combat the enemy's lies
• SHIELD of faith Jesus is the author & finisher of our faith to combat the enemy's accusations
• SWORD of the Spirit the rhema Word of God empowered by the Holy Spirit
• SOLDIER'S BOOTS consisting of the Good News of peace with God through faith
Q1 What kinds of temptations or tests do you find the hardest to withstand in your daily life as a Christian?
Q2 What other weapon does Paul mention in verse 18 for waging aggressive spiritual warfare?
For a prayer putting on the whole armour of God, click on