- Know God
- Know Power
- Share Pain
My Identity In Christ
Who Do You Think You Are?
When someone asks "Who are you?" how do you answer?
Perhaps you say:
• " I'm X" and give your NAME.
• Maybe you say " I'm the son/daughter/husband/wife of X"
and define yourself in terms of your FAMILY.
• Or maybe you define yourself by WHAT YOU DO -
" I'm a postman/housewife/etc"
The Bible says, if you are a Christian, you are a dearly loved child of Father God through faith in Jesus Christ.
In EPHESIANS 2:1-10 Paul describes the amazing transformation that took place when we became Christians and the Holy Spirit placed us supernaturally into the supernatural Body of Christ.
• We were spiritually dead in our sinful way of life
• But in Christ we came alive spiritually
• We were enemies of God
• But God in his love saved us in Christ
• We were headed for hell
• But God raised us up to heaven in Christ
Our salvation is assured by our position in Christ, not by performance of good works.