Putting The Past Behind Us
Photo: © Fotolia.com
A New Person In Christ PHILIPPIANS 3:10-14
All of us have a past but when we became Christians, we became new creations in Christ. We are products of our past but we do not need to be prisoners of it. We need to deal with things from our past that are obstacles to our growing in Christ and then move on in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Obstacles To Moving On
There are various obstacles to moving on.
• BAD CHOICES which resulted in disastrous consequences
• AN ACCIDENT where somebody was killed or maimed for life
• THE BREAKUP OF A RELATIONSHIP
• EMOTIONAL, MENTAL, PHYSICAL OR SEXUAL ABUSE
• THE CONSEQUENCES OF SOMEONE ELSE'S SIN
• THE CONSEQUENCES OF OUR OWN SIN
The Good News
Whatever problems we may have experienced in the past, the Good News is that when we become a Christian, God promises to make us a brand new creation in Christ, if we will allow him to transform us by the power of the Holy Spirit, healing our hurts and setting us free from bondages.