Reasons For Heart-felt Faith vs Head-felt Reason
The futility of the endless pursuit of wealth; Photo: © Fotolia.com
The Meaning Of Life
ECCLESIASTES 1:2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."
There are several reasons why we may feel an intuitive (heart) rather than a rational (head) belief in God.
• Many people feel an overwhelming sense of the futility of life when confronted by the fact that we all die.
• There is also the feeling that there must be more to life than the simply material things we can see and touch.
• There is a feeling of a gaping void inside each of us looking to be filled by something or someone, as both Augustine and Pascal recognised.
ECCLESIASTES 3:11 God has set eternity in men’s hearts, but they can’t fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Examining The Evidence & Experiencing God's Grace
REASON = Looking At The Evidence For Believing God Exists.
FAITH = A Heart Response To Experiencing God's Grace & Mercy
• The atheist chooses to believe that there is no evidence for the existence of God or for the idea of life after death.
• The Christian chooses to believe the evidence of the Bible and the world around him/her as well as his/her personal experience of God revealing himself.
PROVERBS 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your HEART; don't lean on your own HEAD understanding.
A Reasonable Faith: The Rationality of Christianity
For a summary of the evidence for faith in Jesus Christ go to A REASONABLE FAITH: The Rationality of the Christian Faith