Reasons For Heart-felt Faith vs Head-felt Reason
The futility of the endless pursuit of wealth; Photo: © Fotolia.com
The Meaning Of Life
ECCLESIASTES 1:2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."
There are several reasons why we may feel an intuitive (heart) rather than a rational (head) belief in God.
• Many people feel an overwhelming sense of the futility of life when confronted by the fact that we all die.
• There is also the feeling that there must be more to life than the simply material things we can see and touch.
• There is a feeling of a gaping void inside each of us looking to be filled by something or someone, as both Augustine and Pascal recognised.
ECCLESIASTES 3:11 God has set eternity in men’s hearts, but they can’t fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Examining The Evidence & Experiencing God's Grace
REASON = Looking At The Evidence For Believing God Exists.
FAITH = A Heart Response To Experiencing God's Grace & Mercy
• The atheist chooses to believe that there is no evidence for the existence of God or for the idea of life after death.
• The Christian chooses to believe the evidence of the Bible and the world around him/her as well as his/her personal experience of God revealing himself.
PROVERBS 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your HEART; don't lean on your own HEAD understanding.
Biblical Theism vs Darwinian Materialism
The classic conflict between religion and science is perhaps most clearly seen in the differences between Biblical statements about God and Darwinian theories of evolution and the origins of species.
A Reasonable Faith: The Rationality of Christianity
For a summary of the evidence for faith in Jesus Christ go to A REASONABLE FAITH: The Rationality of the Christian Faith