Photo © Joss - fotolia.com
What is 'Fasting'?
Fasting is a way of showing God we mean business and want a closer walk with him, usually by going without food and water in order to bring our fleshly/
bodily desires under control.
• to humble ourselves before God and seek his will PSALM 35:13
• to confess and repent of sin DANIEL 9:3
• to mourn over sin in the nation JOEL 2:12
• to draw closer to God in warfare against the enemy MARK 9:29
• to bring the flesh under control 1 CORINTHIANS 9:25-27
• to seek God's wisdom and guidance for a decision ACTS 13:3
When to Fast?
• As a spiritual discipline regularly LUKE ; MATTHEW
• As instructed by God and led by the Spirit ISAIAH 58; DANIEL 9:2-3
• Before important decisions are to be made ESTHER 4:15-16; ACTS 13:3
• As part of spiritual warfare against the enemy 2 CHRONICLES 20
• Corporate fasting by the Body of Christ as a sign of repentance & grief at sin NEHEMIAH 9:1-3