Some Marks Of Christian Maturity
Oaks of righteousness: the goal of discipleship Photo by Antranias, Pixabay
Paul describes some of the signs of spiritual maturityEPHESIANS 4:11-17
• Unity through our common faith
• Personal knowledge of the Son of God
• Growing up instead of behaving in a childish way
• Becoming more like Christ (the fruit of the Spirit GALATIANS 5:22-23)
• No longer infants (needing to have everything done for them)
• No longer tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine or passing craze
• Developing healthy relationships by speaking the truth in love
• Growing up into Christ as the Head - knowing Jesus as LORD
• No longer living like children of darkness but living as children of light
A Prayer To Press On To Spiritual Maturity2 PETER 1:2-11
" May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.
We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises to enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises.
Supplement your FAITH with a generous provision of MORAL EXCELLENCE, and moral excellence with KNOWLEDGE, and knowledge with SELF-CONTROL, and self-control with PATIENT ENDURANCE, and patient endurance with GODLINESS, and godliness with BROTHERLY AFFECTION, and brotherly affection with AGAPE-LOVE for everyone.
The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins.
So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Do these things, and you will never fall away. Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."
Press on to know the Person, the Power and the Passion of Jesus Christ, who died so we might live for him and with him in eternity.
For an outline of Growth Towards Christian Spiritual Maturity, go to SIGNS OF GROWTH TOWARDS SPIRITUAL MATURITY.