God The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus as a dove Photo: © Design Pics Photographer: Don Hammond
The Person & Work of the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of The Trinity - co-equal with God the Father and God the Son - with specific roles to perform.
The Bible uses several pictures to symbolise the Holy Spirit. These include: Oil (for anointing kings, prophets, priests and people); a Dove (as a symbol of gentleness and peace); and as the Breath of Life or Wind, (blowing the supernatural life of God into people as on the Day of Pentecost).
The diagram above outlines the roles of the Holy Spirit.
For more on each aspect click the links below.
- CONVICTER OF SIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS & JUDGEMENT JOHN 16:8-11
- PRODUCER OF THE NEW BIRTH JOHN 3:3-8
- COMFORTER JOHN 14:26
- GUIDE INTO ALL TRUTH JOHN 14:26; 16:13
- PRODUCER OF THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT JOHN 15:1-5
- GIVER OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS 1 CORINTHIANS 12
- SEAL & GUARANTEE OF ETERNAL LIFE EPHESIANS 1:13-14; 4:30; 2 CORINTHIANS 1:22