My New Identity in Christ
Who Do You Think You Are?
When someone asks "Who are you?" how do you answer?
Perhaps you say:
• " I'm X" and give your NAME.
• Maybe you say " I'm the son/daughter/husband/wife of X" and define yourself in terms of your FAMILY.
• Or maybe you define yourself by WHAT YOU DO - " I'm a postman/housewife/etc"
My Identity In Christ Involves Being Born Again As A Child Of God
The Bible says, if you are a Christian, you are a dearly loved child of Father God through faith in Jesus Christ.
In EPHESIANS 2:1-10 Paul describes the amazing transformation that took place when we became Christians and the Holy Spirit placed us supernaturally into the supernatural Body of Christ.
• We were spiritually dead in our sinful way of life but in Christ we came alive spiritually.
• We were enemies of God but God in his love saved us in Christ
• We were headed for hell but God raised us up to heaven in Christ
My Identity Is Based On My Position In Christ, Not My Performance In The Eyes Of Others
Our salvation is assured by our position in Christ, not by performance of good works
In the passage above Paul says that God in his grace and mercy chose us to be his children and gave us the gift being saved from the punishment our sins deserved when we put our trust in Jesus' Blood to pay for them.
That's amazing grace indeed!
For more on grace, go to AMAZING GRACE.