A Change Of Heart
A Heart Transplant
Illustration © Design Pics
B. Repentance Involves A Change Of Heart
The person has had a change of heart. Instead of going his/her own way, s/he....
• is sorry for his/her sin
• confessed his/her sin and asked God to forgive it
• has turned his/her back on sin
• has invited Jesus Christ into his/her heart as Saviour and LORD by faith
• has a new desire to go God's way and keep God's commandments
C. A Changed Life (behaviour)
Photo: Doug Hammond
Repentance Involves Receiving The Holy Spirit's Empowering
A changed life involves being surrendered completely to Jesus Christ as LORD of every area of life. This is reflected in changes in the person's behaviour......
• s/he is surrendered to the Lordship of Christ
• s/he is filled with the Holy Spirit's 'streams of living water' that Jesus promised in JOHN 7:37-39
• s/he wants to go God's way now instead of his/her old rebellious way
• s/he has a new love for God and for others
•The Word of God - The Bible - has suddenly come alive as s/he reads it
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!