Putting On The Whole Armour Of God
Illustration © Peter Hodge
The Whole Armour Of God
Every piece of our spiritual armour is to be found in Jesus, Paul says in EPHESIANS 6:10 -18
A Prayer for Putting on The Whole Armour of God
• I praise and worship You, the Almighty Creator God, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
• I praise You, LORD Jesus, that You are our SALVATION - that there is no other name given among men by which we must be saved, and that no one comes to the Father except through You.
• I praise You, LORD Jesus, that You are our RIGHTEOUSNESS - that because of Your death on the cross there is now no condemnation for those who have been put right with God through faith in Your cleansing blood.
• I praise You, LORD Jesus, that You are THE TRUTH - and that when we come to know You, we come to know the truth and the truth will set us free.
• I praise You, LORD Jesus, that the Good News of the gospel brings us PEACE with God, and that You have promised to keep those whose minds are fixed on You in perfect peace.
• I praise You, LORD Jesus, that I have been saved by grace through FAITH which is a gift from God to those who put their trust in You.
• I praise You that You are the Author and Finisher of our faith.
• I praise You, LORD Jesus, that You are the WORD OF GOD made flesh.
• I praise You that every rhema word from You has life-giving power and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Thank You, heavenly Father, that You have saved me and promised that nothing and no one can separate me from Your love in Christ Jesus, our Saviour and LORD. Amen.
The Word of God / The Sword of the Spirit HEBREWS 4:12
The Word of God is living, active and sharper than a two-edged sword, able to distinguish between joints and marrow, soul and spirit and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. HEBREWS 4:12
Jesus defeated Satan in the Wilderness by using THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT - Spirit-inspired Scripture verses anointed by the Holy Spirit for that particular occasion and driven home against the enemy by the divine power of the Spirit which raised Jesus Christ from the grave.